Welcome!

Welcome to Phil Mansell's Paperblog Writer Blog.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Valentine's Night

Having been in agony for 10 days with sciatica I am unable to do very little - even sleep. However, when I did manage to drift off last night - thanks to the pain killers kicking in- I had a very weird dream.


I was walking down the street when I bumped into 1950s heart throb singing star Dickie Valentine. I immediately asked for his autograph on behalf of my old mate Dancin' Jones whom I knew would appreciate such a keepsake.
Dickie Valentine wearing the same coat as
in my dream
Dickie seemed a bit put out at my request and became even more impatient when  I spent ages searching my rubbish-filled pockets for a pen and paper. Eventually, I dug out a really tatty bit of paper and a leaky biro and Dickie duly signed his name. The weirdest thing is, when I awoke I found a scrappy piece of paper on my duvet and on it was scrawled "To Dancin' with best wishes from Dickie". No, not really. That would be ridiculous. This isn't The Twilight Zone, you know.
.



No comments: